Diabetes is a hereditary disease which refers to the presence of high blood sugar levels due to inadequate production of insulin; or due to improper response to insulin by the body’s cells; or even both. It is a serious condition that cannot be gotten rid of. However, one can definitely avoid the onset of diabetes through a healthy lifestyle. And black tea is one important aspect of it. Here are few facts highlighting how black tea can help you to eliminate the risk of diabetes:
- As per a study, the prevalence of type 2 diabetes is low in countries where people drink a lot of black tea.
- Black tea contains polyphenols—natural occurring antioxidants vital to fight diabetes. In black teas, the more orange the color, the higher the polyphenols.
- The polyphenols work by stimulating B-cells—pancreatic cells responsible for insulin production—for the production of insulin in body.
- According to research regarding the treatment of diabetes, the polysaccharides in black tea had the most glucose-inhibiting properties.
- Moreover, black tea, in comparison to oolong and green tea, was found to contain most of the natural polysaccharide compound that mimics type 2 diabetes drugs—Precose and Glyset.
- As per another research, people who drank black tea had significantly reduced plasma glucose concentrations after two hours, compared to those who drank water or caffeine drinks.
- Insulin levels also increase by drinking black tea, in comparison to other drinks.
So you see black tea has an impressive array of facts which prove it is a great health promoter and helps in your fight against diabetes in a very effective way! Grab a Solanki Supreme and start your day on a healthy note with Solanki Tea!
Posted on 29 January, 2018 | PratikshaRavindran